Pages

A Mish-Mash of a Post In Which I Ramble. Welcome to My ADD.

Did I ever tell you about the time I ran a marathon?
Oh, that's right, cuz I didn't.
I have zero urge to run.  Like, ever.
Sure, I'll run after Wee One when it seems she's heading straight for the street or about to dash away in a crowded store.
Sure, I'll run if a brain hungry zombie is after me.
But to run "for fun?"  Doesn't make one bit of sense to my mind.
I'll walk all day long.  I'll even bike.
But hit the pavement and run?  Not a fun idea to me.
Still, I'm buying running shoes.  I figure it's part of being prepared. For zombies and swine flu and the super volcano and climate change.  Plus, I haven't bought new tennis shoes in years and my old ones are pretty much shot.


Also, where did spring go?  It went from cold-ass winter to hot-ass summer in like, a week.  I hate 100 degrees and humid.  Hate it.

Did I tell you we got a new kitten?  She's super adorable and now that she's feeling at home, she's super naughty.  Like, don't you dare move or breathe whilst you sleep or you'll be attacked by a barely 2 pound mighty huntress.

Also, because I'm always late to the game and forgetful, I'm needing to post about an award I was given recently.  It's the Versatile Blogger award.   
The super sweet, super funny, super Canadian, average artist (well if I can't win a Shitionary I'm gonna pout!) Marianna Annadanna from Snappy Surprise bestoweth this award unto me in April and asshole that I am, somehow missed it. If you aren't already, follow her stat.  She rocks. Probably in a housecoat.
Then this week, Jess over at Ramblings of an Emotional Idiot, bestoweth the same award unto me.  She cracks me up, and seriously, just based off of her writing and her about me on her blog, I feel strongly she is my twin separated at birth.  


After looking up the word versatile, I found that it's just a fancy word for attention deficit, so I'm honored by this award.  Truly.  
The rules of this award are simple, but I'll probably fuck it up anyway....
Thank the giver of the award, link back to him/her, list seven things about myself, and pass it on to some other bloggers.   (the technical number is 15, but I'm a rule breaker.  Like, drive 5 mph over the speed limit, litter at times, cross in the middle of the street not crosswalk, rule breaker.)


1.  I don't like to shower.  I mean, I do shower, and often, but I don't look forward to it.  It's not fun for me.  I get in and out as fast as I can (that's what he said) because there are better things to do.  Some people are all, oh I can't wait for a long, hot shower, or, I can't wait to soak in my tub.  That's a foreign concept to me.  
2.  When I was little, my grandparents lived on a farm, which was basically still inside town, but only like 700 people lived there, so town was rural at the same time.  Mind blowing?  Anyways, they had chickens, and my five year old self loved watching Grandpa slaughter chickens.  He didn't even use an ax, he'd just break their necks and rip their heads off.  UGH.  I credit this early viewing of sadism and animal butchery with my love of horror movies today.
3.  I'm not sure what I want to be when I grow up.  Sure, if you wanna get all technical, I'm already a "grown up" with a full time job.  But is it what I want to do until  retirement?  I'm not so sure.  I need to go buy some lottery tickets.
4.  I'm a Facebook stalker.  I like looking at other people's pictures.  I'm nosy.  I want to know what you're up to and where you've traveled to and what your kids look like.  
5.  I won second place in my fourth grade spelling competition, and I'm still effin pissed about it.  I was robbed, sonsabitches! 
6.  I mowed the lawn once and decided, meh, not for me.  Haven't mowed it since.  I hate the lawn.
7.  I'm obsessed with young adult fiction.  Particularly dystopian, end-of-the-world, zombie, apocalyptic, vampire vs. werewolf plots.  Some of my favs are the Maze Runner series from James Dashner, the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins, The Forest of Hands and Teeth series by Carrie Ryan, the Matched series by Allie Condie, The City of Ember books by Jeanne DuPrau, and the Chemical Garden trilogy by Lauren DeStefano.


So, who can I pass this on to?  Plenty of awesome bloggers!  
1.  Andrea over at bitchypants, the artist formerly known as Being Veruca.
2.  Jess over at Cleveland Rocks.
3.  SherilinR at laughing my abs off.
4.   Ms. Mediocre over at Life in the Mediocre Lane. 
5.    MandaRoo at Misadventures of Life and Such
6.  Kelly at Naked Girl in a Dress.
7.  Aimee at Pleasantly Demented
8.  Redhead at Redhead Ranting
9.  I'm don't care what she says I'm passing it back to Marianna Annadanna at Snappy Surprise.  She already has one, but she's getting it again.  I'm sure she'll like getting it multiple times.  (uh oh, that sounded dirty)
10.  I just met her on Twitter and she's a great writer, Nicole at The Confirmed Ache
11. Rachel at The Rachel Chronicles
12.   This Side of Typical


So go do some reading, some commenting, some following if you haven't already!
Enjoy!





Post a Comment

Contact Me! I Need the Validation!

sarcasminaction@yahoo.com

Fancy Copyright Stuff

Don't steal my stuff.
Read it and enjoy it and love it a little. Or a lot.
But don't take what's not yours unless you ask.
Feel free to link me though. And refer to me a lot. And sing my praises.
End of discussion.
Peace out.

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mommy, and all around productive member of society. Usually. I'm pretty much a legend in my own mind.

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital