Pages

Apparently, I'm in the Minority on this One

So the Hubby's and my ten year wedding anniversary is coming up next week.
One day, out of the blue, he asked me where I wanted to go for our anniversary.
I was all, like a family vacation?
And he was like, no, you and me for our anniversary.
To clarify, I asked, you mean without the girls?
Turns out, that is exactly what he meant.

You guys, this is where I have a problem. (obviously not the *only* place I have problems, but one topic at a time, please.) I have serious issues when it comes to being far away from my kids.  Like, I can't physically do it.  The anxiety and panic attacks that this prospect causes are epic.
Just thinking about going away, say to Cancun or Hawaii, or anywhere far away from home, just us, without our kids, makes me start to whimper and cry a little.

I don't know why this is.  Actually, yes I do.  I'm a worst case scenario girl and I just know in my heart that if I'm super far away from my kids, that is exactly when the super volcano will blow or the zombies will strike and I won't be able to get to my kids and they'll be defenseless and scared and wondering where mommy is and... oh dear Lord I'm starting to hyperventilate.

If I can be within driving distance to rescue them quickly, then I'm okay.  But a continent away?  No effing way.  It strikes such fear in my mommy heart that I cannot fathom the possibility.  I don't want to be a helicopter mom, but I also don't want to be a daughter-less mom all because we selfishly went to tan on a beach while zombies ate my only children.

When some coworkers asked me about our anniversary plans today, I explained this rationale to them as to why I've requested diamonds over a vacation.  They reacted in a way I didn't expect, considering most of them are moms themselves.  They exclaimed that I am insane for not taking vacation time away with the Hubby.  To me, my stance is completely logical, but clearly I'm alone on this one.

Someday, when our kids have gone off to college to party learn, then the Hubby and I can go somewhere.  Until then, vacations must include all four of us.  For my sanity.  And thereby the Hubby's sanity as well.

Post a Comment

Contact Me! I Need the Validation!

sarcasminaction@yahoo.com

Fancy Copyright Stuff

Don't steal my stuff.
Read it and enjoy it and love it a little. Or a lot.
But don't take what's not yours unless you ask.
Feel free to link me though. And refer to me a lot. And sing my praises.
End of discussion.
Peace out.

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mommy, and all around productive member of society. Usually. I'm pretty much a legend in my own mind.

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital