Pages

The Good Wife. Kind of.

On Saturday as I stood in the check out line at Target, looking through the magazines, I spotted the new Sports Illustrated Swim Suit magazine.  On a total whim, I picked up a copy for the Hubby.  I also grabbed a US Weekly cuz where else would I get my "news?"  And if the swim suit mag was the only one I got then I'd have to defend my sexuality to the cashier. Logically.  Because she'd give a shit what I buy.

I brought the magazine home, all proud wife like, and announced at the door, "Look what I got for you!" to the Hubby.  I know he was expecting a Kit Kat which is my usual, nice, thoughtful wife gift, so imagine his surprise. He was all, oh yeah, and I was all, aren't I an awesome wife?  I'd even want to be married to me you guys.

I have a lot of magazines in my house, but I'm pretty certain that this is the only one that's gotten so much attention.  My mom and dad have looked at it.  The Hubby, probably a few times.  My sister and her fiance each did some browsing.  I caught Bossy Girl taking a peek. And I'm not gonna lie, I've looked through it too. And not "for the articles." Looking at these women caused some serious blows to my self esteem, but then I remembered that they're all airbrushed so I'd probably look just like that too with the right photographer and computer software.  Not. Even. Close.

At least I've added a tally to my good wife column.  The bad wife column still clearly outnumbers the good wife side, but I'm thinking it's safe to say that this is pretty much me now in the Hubby's eyes:
the perfect wifey

4 Comment:

FreeFlying February 21, 2011 at 2:11 PM  

Impressive wife move! I'll keep that in mind when I need to up my game. One of these days grabbing him a beer while I'm in the fridge might not inspire the same amount of joy. Then I'll move on to the naked ladies. :)

laughingmom February 21, 2011 at 4:29 PM  

Good move - my "Good Wife" was to see that my hubby got to look at that same issue before it disappeared for all eternity into my son's room!

Unknown February 21, 2011 at 7:51 PM  

You are hilarious : ) And definitely the best wife in the world : ) Laughed my head off about your reasoning behind the purchase of your magazine to go along with his! The cashier : )

Aimee February 22, 2011 at 4:20 PM  

Woot! Props to the good wives! My husband is in the Army, so I've basically spent my kids' college money at Victoria's Secret and Frederick's for the sole purpose of taking nudie pics for my husband while he's gone. I highly discourage any woman from buying this stuff and actually wearing it for your husband in the same room with him. Men have no concept of the fact that you spent $70 on that teeny piece of fabric he just ripped off you. Or you could just buy corsets. They're harder to rip off and make you look like a supermodel. Okay. Shutting up now.

Post a Comment

Contact Me! I Need the Validation!

sarcasminaction@yahoo.com

Fancy Copyright Stuff

Don't steal my stuff.
Read it and enjoy it and love it a little. Or a lot.
But don't take what's not yours unless you ask.
Feel free to link me though. And refer to me a lot. And sing my praises.
End of discussion.
Peace out.

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mommy, and all around productive member of society. Usually. I'm pretty much a legend in my own mind.

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital