Pages

Sleepwalker

Apparently, I've decided to take up a hobby in sleepwalking.

This past weekend, the Hubby informed me that in the early morning hours, 4:31 to be exact, cuz he tends to be exact, I was standing up in our bedroom, rubbing the wall.  Yes, you read it correctly, rubbing the wall. I guess I freaked him out because, well, I was standing up, asleep, wall rubbing, but also I was unresponsive and talking about my alarm not going off.  I think he thought I might have started going all Paranormal Activity on him, which of course, wouldn't turn out so good for him in the end.....
The wall's all the way over THERE?   How am I going to rub it?  First, I must get a knife.....
Anyways, why I was rubbing the wall is beyond me.  It's not like I particularly like that wall.  It's probably #8 on my list of Top 10 favorite walls in my house.

But I AM sorta wishing that I was a much more cool sleepwalker.  You know, one of those people who sleep drive through the McDonald's drive thru, or sleep cook some Ramen Noodles or sleep pee over the staircase railing or sleep destroy their house.
One the way to rubbing the living room wall, we raided the Christmas tree.
I'm sure you've all heard those stories about innocent people popping a sleeping pill and waking up naked on their riding lawn mower in the neighbor's yard.  That's some interesting sleepwalking.  Dangerous, but interesting.  Way more fun than wall rubbing.

In the past, I've pulled a couple of other sleepwalking attempts.
One time when I was still a teen and living at home, I went to bed in sweatpants, and woke up in shorts.  I discovered my neatly folded sweatpants on the floor under the bed the next day.  That's some interesting sleep work. Impressive, mainly because I rarely fold my clothes.  So sleepwalking laundry chores are technically a skill of mine.  Probably should put that on my resume.  Can fold clothes neatly while sleeping.

Another time, about 3 or 4 years ago, I took some Tylenol PM and sleep hallucinated.  I practically jumped on top of the bed, pointing out the red, beady eyed demons I swore I saw running around the room.  Thank  you, Tylenol PM for that terror.  Oh!  I bet they were possums.  Cuz I hate them. And they have beady eyes and are evil.  AND they have it out for me.  Likely.

Otherwise, I'm a very uneventful sleeper.  I've been known to fall asleep and not move.  All night.  Like, go to bed and wake up in the same position.  Not even having rolled over or stretched my legs.  I'm that boring in bed.  *snickers and giggles*  You could park a semi in my bedroom and I likely wouldn't notice.  I do hear Wee One when she cries out, which is good.  Not that I get up every time she wimpers.  Many times I pretend sleep so the Hubby goes to check on her.  Secret's out.

Tell me fair readers, do you have any interesting sleepwalking stories?  Or are you just boring, nocturnal wall rubbers like me?

4 Comment:

Rosalind February 8, 2011 at 2:11 PM  

Several years ago I did an interesting little number, I unplugged my lamp and wrapped the cord around a plastic coat hanger, then, shoved the wrapped hanger between the mattress and box spring. I'm not sure what this was all about and I wish I could remember the dream to say the least.

Burkulater February 8, 2011 at 6:21 PM  

That would creep me right out! My sister went through a spell when she sleepwalked. Scared me half to death! My parents had to put a bell on her door so one of us could wake her up and get her back to bed. You should fake sleepwalk and dance on the bed or something next time...just for fun!

SherilinR February 8, 2011 at 8:05 PM  

my brother was a sleepwalker when we were kids. my parents once found him outside in the rain and once he was found peeing in the basement & saying "i'm gonna have flowers for lunch."
i like your wall rubbing. it says subtle, yet unpredictable.

Post a Comment

Contact Me! I Need the Validation!

sarcasminaction@yahoo.com

Fancy Copyright Stuff

Don't steal my stuff.
Read it and enjoy it and love it a little. Or a lot.
But don't take what's not yours unless you ask.
Feel free to link me though. And refer to me a lot. And sing my praises.
End of discussion.
Peace out.

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mommy, and all around productive member of society. Usually. I'm pretty much a legend in my own mind.

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital