Pages

Wheel of Fortune aka Where People Lie about their Spouses

Please feel free to hop on my musings train today.  All aboard.

Lately, our TV has been set to Wheel of Fortune while we eat dinner. (You should know, our TV is so treasured and respected in our home, that it has a name and will be included in our family Christmas card and photo this year.  If it weren't so heavy and awkward, we'd set it a place at the dinner table and tuck it into bed at night.  In it's own room mind you, cuz the other kids can share a room.  The TV is special enough to have his own space.)


But I've wandered off topic.  Not a surprise knowing me.  So, I noticed the past week or so that when the always cordial and overly powdered and foundationed Pat Sajek interviews the contestants in the beginning, if they have spouses, this is always (literally, always. Watch it, you'll see) what they say:

Pat with bronzer:  "And it says here that you're married?"
Woman desperate to win loads of $$: "Yes.  I've been married to my wonderful husband Bert of 27 years."

Or
Pat flashing his dimples: "And it says here that you're married?"
Man who needs $$ cuz hey, we're in a recession here: "Yes, I've been married to my gorgeous wife Tracey for 9 years."

Oh, Oh! I get it!!  When you are chosen to be on the show, you are coached to lie.

What I'd really like to see is honesty peeps.  Just once!  Something a little like this:
Pat with perfectly scultped hair that looks strikingly like a toupee: "And it says here that you're married?"
Woman who wants to leave with more than the measly $1,000 minimum: "Yes, Pat.  I've been married for 18 years to the same lazy deadbeat who sits on his ass in the recliner day in and day out watching TV while I cook and clean and take care of the spoiled brats we call kids."

AHHH.... wouldn't that be refreshing America? 
Speak the truth people.  Speak it.




  Why is his hand so orange???




2 Comment:

Anonymous,  November 15, 2010 at 10:13 AM  

I love this! I too watch WHEEL on a regular basis and wonder how many adjectives a person can use to describe their family. And does every contestant really have some a wonderful, fabulous, magnificent, handsome, gorgeous life? I mean come on people, this is real life! It makes me laugh and smile and as I watch I think what would I say if I were on WHEEL...... I'll think and get back to you on it. BTW-- I am enjoying your blog.
- An old friend.

SarcasmInAction November 15, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

Thanks a bunch Anonymous! I so appreciate your comments and your compliment :)

Post a Comment

Contact Me! I Need the Validation!

sarcasminaction@yahoo.com

Fancy Copyright Stuff

Don't steal my stuff.
Read it and enjoy it and love it a little. Or a lot.
But don't take what's not yours unless you ask.
Feel free to link me though. And refer to me a lot. And sing my praises.
End of discussion.
Peace out.

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mommy, and all around productive member of society. Usually. I'm pretty much a legend in my own mind.

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital