Pages

You Know When You're Driving Along and You Notice....oh look, a puppy!!

So, I'm pretty sure I have adult onset ADD.  I've thought that for a while now, but always in a joking manner.  Then, I went ahead and I looked it up.  I'm totally not even joking about this, so don't get your panties in a bunch and get all offended.

Here's just a small sampling of questions from an online screening for adult ADD that I answered "strongly agree" to. 

Especially in groups, I find it hard to stay focused on what is being said in conversations.
          This is totally me.  I'm too busy listening to everyone at once, or interrupting, or thinking of what I'm   gonig to say next, or making a judgement about someone, or noting how a comment or person could totally be blogged about, or admiring someone's purse/shoes/jacket/perfect skin/crow's feet, or plotting what I'm going to do after this is over, or plotting the perfect sarcastic comment.  Whew! There's just so much to do other than focus and listen people!

I am irritable, and get upset by minor annoyances. 
         Oh, just wait til I start my posts called "Dear General Public."  You'll see irritability at its finest.

I say things without thinking, and later regret having said them.
         I have classic, diagnosed foot-in-mouth disease. 

I make quick decisions without thinking enough about their possible bad results.
          At least, that's what the Hubby and the Visa bill tell me.

I have a tendency to talk first and think later.
          See above comment about foot-in-mouth.

My moods have highs and lows.
          I'm a friggin rollercoaster many days.

In conversations, I start to answer questions before the questions have been fully asked.
         This one I'm not sure supports my ADD self-diagnosis, cuz honestly, if I already know the answer, and I'm always right anyway, then why not just cut to the chase and save everyone the time? 

I usually work on more than one project at a time, and fail to finish many of them.
         You should see how many blog drafts I have waiting to be complete.  Plus the pile of laundry.  And the dishes.  And work stuff.  And Christmas shopping.  And the thought that I literally just had in my mind.... that's now gone.  I bet it was brilliant though.

In group activities it is hard for me to wait my turn.
          I strictly adhere to the kindergarten philosophy of "me first!!"

I am unable to stop daydreaming.
          At least, that's what Edward says when he sneaks into my window at night to press me against his solid, icy, perfectly sculpted chest and tries to kiss me, but he can't because he can't risk being overpowered and hurting me.  Then, Jacob shows up and gets all mad and trembles and growls at Edward to get away... 


The questionnaire ends with the disclaimer that the results don't necessarily mean I have adult ADD, as these "symptoms" could indicate other conditions as well, such as mood disorder, anxiety, depression, etc.
I'm pretty sure I have all those now too. 
Have we discussed my hypochondria yet?

Post a Comment

Contact Me! I Need the Validation!

sarcasminaction@yahoo.com

Fancy Copyright Stuff

Don't steal my stuff.
Read it and enjoy it and love it a little. Or a lot.
But don't take what's not yours unless you ask.
Feel free to link me though. And refer to me a lot. And sing my praises.
End of discussion.
Peace out.

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mommy, and all around productive member of society. Usually. I'm pretty much a legend in my own mind.

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital