Pages

A Beautiful Morning

I'm not one of those "naturally pretty," can wake up and immediately look amazing, kind of girls.  Not in the least. Not even close.

But this morning was different.

I woke up and found Wee One and Bossy Girl laying in bed with me, waiting for me to get up and start the day. There is no work.  There is no school.  We are on break.  The Hubby got them up and at em, diaper changed on Wee One, then both put in my bed to wake me.
Wee One in her purple polka dot footie pajamas, toy already in hand for playing.
Bossy Girl, hair a mess, barefoot, and grinning and giggling at her baby sister.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up for a closer look. 
Staring back at me were two pairs of the most beautiful eyes I've ever had the privilege to see.  Big, blue eyes that smile in their happiness.  Eyes that literally shine when my girls laugh.  Such amazing, life-filled, smiling, happy eyes.
And I had the sudden realization that made me pause, and made my own eyes well up with tears. 
Both these precious souls have their mommy's eyes.

Their eyes look exactly like mine.

Bossy Girls says it all the time, especially when she looks at pictures of me.  "Mommy, I have your eyes, see?"
Other people say it all the time when they see photos of me as a little girl.  "Wow.  Both your girls have your eyes."

Someday far off, when I'm gone, my girls will look in a mirror and see me looking back at them in their eyes.  And maybe, just maybe, they'll look at their own daughters and see their own eyes, my eyes, as well.  I just may live on forever.....

So, this morning, for the first time ever, I woke up and was beautiful.

0 Comment:

Post a Comment

Contact Me! I Need the Validation!

sarcasminaction@yahoo.com

Fancy Copyright Stuff

Don't steal my stuff.
Read it and enjoy it and love it a little. Or a lot.
But don't take what's not yours unless you ask.
Feel free to link me though. And refer to me a lot. And sing my praises.
End of discussion.
Peace out.

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mommy, and all around productive member of society. Usually. I'm pretty much a legend in my own mind.

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital