Pages

Christmas Musings

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly. ~Andy Rooney

I've been cleaning and baking and preparing for Christmas like a madwoman.  I'm walking around in a Santa hat today, (allegedly) looking like a dork.  Quoteth the Bossy Girl.  It's been snowing like crazy outside, making the perfect backdrop to this most perfect holiday.  I simply cannot wait for tomorrow morning when the kiddos wake up a bit too early, giddy with excitement, to see what Santa has brought them.  I love Christmas even more now that I have children.  They bring out the joy and wonder of the holiday in me.  Everyone needs to be near kids when it's Christmas. 
I cannot wait for the wrapping paper mess. I will not pick it up too quickly.
 
My horoscope was ironic this morning.  Not that I believe them necessarily, especially when they are kind of negative, but today's was utterly inspiring.  It said that something very small but very special is happening in my life right now.  It tells me to stop and feel how wonderful and important it is and to pay attention to small miracles right now.  This is the truth.  I feel it.  I've recently stumbled across some completely soul-stirring and inspirational blogs.  Enjoying the Small Things    Redneck Mommy   Redneck Mommy's 1st blog about losing her son
 
They are giving me daily wake up calls and life lessons in abundance.  I thank them for this.  I owe them.
 
So this is my Christmas post. No sarcasm.  No swearing.  No ranting.  Just appreciation and gratitude. 
My heart is so full.
I'm going to go play with kiddos and get ready for tomorrow. 
 
The best Christmas of all is the presence of a happy family all wrapped up with one another.
 

1 Comment:

Anonymous,  December 24, 2010 at 12:34 PM  

Beautiful. Merry Christmas!

Post a Comment

Contact Me! I Need the Validation!

sarcasminaction@yahoo.com

Fancy Copyright Stuff

Don't steal my stuff.
Read it and enjoy it and love it a little. Or a lot.
But don't take what's not yours unless you ask.
Feel free to link me though. And refer to me a lot. And sing my praises.
End of discussion.
Peace out.

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mommy, and all around productive member of society. Usually. I'm pretty much a legend in my own mind.

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital